Apply for Admission
College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Pre-licensure deadlines and application information for BSN programs
You are invited to attend an online NursingCAS Application Workshop via WebEx on Wednesdays, June 3rd and 17th, July 1st, 15th and 29th from 3-4 p.m. Nursing advisors will discuss the minimum eligibility requirements to apply to the BSN program including the Texas core curriculum and nursing prerequisites as well as discuss the NursingCAS application process.
Note that you DO NOT need to come to campus for this application workshop, it will be held completely online. WebEx operates much like a group-Skype chat so you will need access to a computer with microphone, speaker, and internet, or you can call in to the conversation from your cell or home phone while following along online. If this is your first time using WebEx, please see step by step instructions here.
Thank you for your interest in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMUCC).
• You must have a grade C or better on all core curriculum and nursing prerequisites
• You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on your last 60 credit hours
• You must have a completed TAMUCC application, NursingCAS application and HESI A2 with Critical Thinking scores prior to deadline (see Application Checklist below).
For an application checklist (detailed requirements and application steps), please click here.
High school students will apply to TAMUCC at applytexas.org and do not need to apply to the nursing program on NursingCAS until their sophomore year of college.
It is your responsibility to ensure you are core complete. For further information about the TAMUCC core curriculum, please refer to the TAMUCC undergraduate catalog. http://catalog.tamucc.edu/
To apply for the nursing program, you will submit an application through NursingCAS. The application will be available upon application opening date.
For technical application assistance, please click here.
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences requires that all applicants must complete the HESI A2, V-1 with Critical Thinking exam, which includes all exam components. This computerized exam is timed and will take approximately 3 hours. To fulfill this requirement, complete the following steps:
- To obtain your eligibility number, click here: HESI A2 (with critical thinking) .
- First time users will create an HESI account (Evolve account).
- Second step, register for the HESI Distance Testing exam. You will receive an email confirmation notice that you may schedule your exam. This step may take a few days.
- Go to Elsevier to schedule the desired testing date, testing time and testing location. You may take this exam at your local testing center (http://conhs.tamucc.edu/HESI_TX_Test_Center_Sites.pdf).When scheduling your test, you will select the exam: Admissions Assessment with Critical Thinking.
- Your final scores must be uploaded to your NursingCAS application by the posted deadline.
- How to Download your HESI A2 with Critical Thinking Scores
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact an Academic Advisor at 361-825-2648.
Undergraduate CONHS application